• 15 Escapes

    As I sit down to tell you about the 15 escapes I would love to indulge in, I must admit it was harder than I thought to find 15 of them.  And honestly they are not in any order at all, just escapes that I think would be fabulous.

    Italian EateryHere goes:  First off, I must say that Italy holds a few of my escapes. I love Italy and could knock off a few of them in one big trip.
    1.   I want to eat at a quaint little Italian Eatery such as the one shown here.  I want to enjoy the fresh pasta, the one of a kind pizza, the breads, cheeses, and vinegars.  I crave the ambiance that comes with having a special afternoon meal here.

    Italian Market2.  I want to experience shopping at the amazing Italian markets.  The fresh produce, the fresh breads, and just the fun of being and looking at it all.  Communicating with the locals and learning about things.


    Bellagio, Lake Como3.   I want to spend some time sight seeing around Lake Como in Italy.  I think it must be one of the most beautiful places ever.  The towns, the buildings, the streets, the water, the atmosphere, it is all very appealing.  I would be giggling like a little kid if I were walking down this street in Bellagio.  Sigh....


    Balsamic Vinegar4.   I really want to do some Balsamic Vinegar tasting in Italy.  I want to visit some of the cellars that are curing the perfect vinegar in Modena and Reggio Emilia.  I would love to bring home a bottle or two of their best for my sister who loves Balsamic as much or more than I do.

    Parmeisan 0Reggiano5.   I would also love to go into some of the cheese cellars and warehouses, tasting the finest Parmesiano Reggiano cheeses of Italy.  The smell must be heavenly, and the taste... wow!  I can only imagine.  It would be so exciting to tour some of these cheese caverns.

    Grasse France6.   I would love to walk through a field of French Lavender like this one in Grasse France.  It would smell even more heavenly than the cheese caverns of Italy.  Lavender has got to be one of my favorite essential oil smells, and can you imagine what it would be like to walk through this field, running your hands through the flowers and brushing your feet along the bottoms?  Simply amazing!

    Iguazu Falls, Brazil7.   I love waterfalls and I have always wanted to see the Iguazu Falls of Brazil.  There are some stunning falls in the world, but this one to me, would be at the top of my list to see.  And of course it is in South America, where I have always wanted to tour.

    Hatch8.   I love hot peppers and I love the Spanish culture.  I have always wanted to visit the Hatch Chile Festival that takes place in Hatch, New Mexico every year.  I love the taste of chilies, the looks of them, the smell of them, growing them.  They are just so warm and friendly in so many ways.... if you get my meanings....

    Hatch ChiliesThe varieties of chilies are so numerous, the ways to cook them and eat them, get me salivating just thinking about them all.  Oh the pain....




    Cuzco peru marketAlong with my love of the Spanish culture, comes my love with all things Central and South American.   9.  I would love to spend a couple of days exploring the market in Cuzco Peru.  Just take a look at the treasures I could find here.  The color, the vibrant expression of life.  Simply incredible!


    Bora BoraSt. Regis Bora Bora10.   I would love to spend some time sitting here on this deck watching my husband do some parasailing, or snorkeling.  Heck I might even brave snorkeling in water that looks like this, here off Bora Bora.  Then I would go inside and spend a romantic dinner, and evening inside, watching the fish below, or sitting out on the deck enjoying nothing but beauty and peace.  I would love to indulge in this pleasure.






    Mayan_RuinsMayan Riviera, Mexico11.   The Mayan Riviera in Mexico has to be on my list, not only for it's beauty, but for it's ruins to explore.  I have always wanted to explore the ancient culture and ruins related to these people.  What a cool experience.  Not just the ones on the beaches, but there are so many to explore back in the jungles as well.




    Local crafts and souvenirs in Cancun Mexico. Image shot 2009. Exact date unknown.12.  Then of course, if I am in Mexico I have to take in a market or two because I love decor from this culture, and have it throughout my house.  It might be dangerous to let me loose in these markets.




    North Coast of Isle of Skye Scotland13.   I would love to sit here off the coast of Scotland with my husband
    scotland_castles_dunnottarand watch the waves splash on the shores, and then go exploring the shores.  Scotland has some amazing history in it's castles and light houses, and I would love to discover some of the history and stories behind them.





    old-manor-house-tucked-away-london14.   I would love to go to England and uncover some of my family history.  Not only for family history, but for the history itself.  I love reading the historical romance novels of the 1800's.  To actually see the old english manor houses and put pictures to stories, would be awesome.  I love the culture they represent, and knowing some of my family history was part of this would be pretty sweet to experience.




    c6eca21d05e8c73b35c06f1dba2becda15.   Now I love tigers, and so does my husband.  I have discovered in Thailand a Tiger Temple, a retreat which is a Buddhist Temple and enclosure which is home for 20 or more tigers, and a couple of lions.  You can pet them, feed them, walk with them and get up close and personal with them.  That would be an experience of a lifetime.  I would totally do this.


    So there you have it.  15 escapes I would love to indulge myself in.  Don't ask me to pick my top or my favorite, because I am not sure which it would be.  You could just surprise me and buy me a ticket to one and I would be happy.  :)
    What are your top escapes?

2 comments:

  1. Lynn said...

    Wow! I could of written this whole post myself...you and I are so much alike when it comes to our wishes for travelling. One day..... :) Awesome post.

  2. Davilyn said...

    Two peas in a pod Lynn! :)

Post a Comment